Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RESULTS ARE IN - POST-OP PATHOLOGY

Not a great day - results are in --
Post OP Pathology:
Non-Focal EPE, 2 positive margins, Gleason 4+3=7, involving 50% of gland, prostate weight 31.5 g, Stage pT3a N1 Lymph node involvement: 2/10, right side positive, Diameter of largest N Metastisis 2 mm

Surgeon, at U of Miami, says PSA in 3 months - then Lupron and radiation -

Not sure what options I have, if any?

Although I was hoping for a good report, I really did not expect a clean one!

Re: RESULTS ARE IN - POST-OP PATHOLOGY

A bit off-topic, but a friend had colon cancer, full colectomy followed by radiation and a bit of chemo.

He said the worst part of it all was docs took no time to see that the dangly part was out of the way when they aimed the radiation at the colon area. The radiation blisters and sores that ensued were especially painful.

Since the prostate and colon share the same general area of the body, his experience may well be worth thinking about when that time comes.

Re: RESULTS ARE IN - POST-OP PATHOLOGY

The hormone and radiation is the best option. I was in almost the same situation. T3B N0. Enjoyed the radiation; felt like going to a health spa. Hormone treatment requires a great effort to exercise and diet just to keep at the same weight and fitness level you are now. Your results may differ. Still undetectable PSA 6 years later.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS