Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Prostate cancer support in Bangkok

Hi everyone,
6 months ago I moved out to Bangkok with my wife Beverley, who is head of an international school in the city. I'm retired and 6 years after surgery still lucky enough to be in remission. I qualified as an English teacher in January, but as I'm over 60, Thai law has prevented me getting work.

After a chance meeting with a guy who has been recently diagnosed, I realised there was no support group in Bangkok for the tens of thousands here, including Thai men. As many of you know I've been heavily involved with this over the past years, helping run support groups, counselling and fund raising. So I thought...Why not start the 'Bangkok Prostate Cancer Support Group'. I'm here for 5 years so that would be time well spent and keep me out of the house for sure.
Does anyone on here have any contacts or know of anyone already in Bangkok? Is anyone coming over on holiday from the UK/Australia in the next year who could bring me some support materials from your Prostate Cancer Charity? Any other ideas?

Leicester are owned by a Thai consortium; anyone got any contacts at that club, they must be in a great frame of mind right now :-)

Best wishes and look me up
Daniel Sencier

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS