Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Good News for Radical Prostatectomy Patients - Johns Hopkins Article

Hi Fred. I don't think there are any PC victims who haven't wondered "what if" as to whether they should treat or just watch - and hope. Who hasn't wondered if they had just left things alone if their life might have been normal and unstressed by the devastating effects of treatment? It is difficult to feel certain of any decision one makes in this arena. There are very few consistencies to go by. One is always weighing the unknowns of the disease (which might kill you - or not) against the known facts of treatment which are almost always on the negative side. I too have wondered if I might have been better off not even knowing of the presence of the disease and yet I have seen what the disease does to you when it is allowed to kill you. Early detection and treatment seems to hold the best chance of beating the disease but early treatment also means you have more years of enduring treatment side effects, and still you never know if it was worth it. What a mess huh! Jon.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS