Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

Return to Website

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
email from member

The following is an email (which I suppose was meant to be constructive) from a member. I will mention only that I am now 83 1/2 years old and enjoying a good quality of life. I too get back ache when doing heavy lifting, but I've had that for 5 decades.

Hello,
I've scanned thru your story (was searching for back ache and Firmagon) and your treatment regimen for prostate cancer. I just went thru treatment for the same cancer (radiation plus Firmagon) and can only assume your doctors are not very competent.

Firmagon is an adjunct to treatment as it slows the cancers growth. IT DOES NOT CURE THE CANCER. Ever. In today's world a man your age doesn't get surgery but he certainly should get radiation (photon and/or proton). I see your situation not only continues but is getting worse. No surprise considering.

As soon as one takes the shots the PSA drops but your own history of years with this disease and outrageous PSA numbers should convince you to find a competent Urologist.

I'm also in NJ and got treated at Centre State in Freehold as well as Procure Proton Center in Somerset. My PSA was only 5.4 and my cancer was biopsied and considered advanced but confined. I got 6 monthly shots while undergoing radiation. I'm cured. I'm 71.

Sincerely,
George Schulz

Re: email from member

"enjoying a good quality of life", says it all Jack! Every PCa warrior should be so lucky. Keep up the good fight and thanks for sharing.
Don O.

Re: email from member

I can but wonder what Mr Schultz was doing researching survivor stories with the said treatment? He state's that he was cured, if so why would he feel the need to crow about his own good fortune and cast dispersion on another person? It seems very odd to me. But so to have a number of posts of late. Perhaps some people have little else do with their time than troll hoping for a bite.

No best wishes this time. A few more of these and I might retire!
john

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS