Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Magazine article for men with metastatic prostate cancer

Hi, all.

I am writing a magazine article featuring practical tips for men who have been diagnosed with metastatic prostate cancer, from men who are willing to share any practices or perspectives that have helped them in their journey with this disease.

If you have any such tips to share and would be willing to speak with me for 15 minutes or so (or to answer a few questions via e-mail) sometime between now and November 25, please e-mail me at:

hf201@yahoo.com

Thanks for your consideration. Our hope is that others who may just be coming to grips with their diagnosis can benefit from your experience.

Harris Fleming

Re: Magazine article for men with metastatic prostate cancer

I see that this is your first post on YANA Harris, so welcome.

Regarding you magazine article, may I enquire as to your bona fides for writing such an article and the name of the publication?

best wishes
john

Certainly, John.

The name of the publication is Guide to Metastatic Prostate Cancer. It is a patient information/education magazine published by Health Monitor in Montvale, NJ. As for my own "bona fides," I have been a writer and editor in the field of healthcare communications and journalism, as well as medical education, since 1997. If there are particular questions I could answer that might move you to participate (or to refer me to someone who might, for that matter), please let me know. Harris

All fine Harris. Unfortunately there are not a lot of active advanced PCa guys on here. But you could glean a lot of information from the survivor stories. Plenty of research in the offering there. But if you are after better interaction with advanced Pca men might I suggest that you have a peek at the British Online Cancer Forum. They have a whole sub forum just for guys with advanced disease. I have put a link to the UK forum below;

best wishes
john
http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/topics/24-Advanced-or-metastatic-cancer

I appreciate your considerate reply, John. I have certainly learned quite a bit by reading the posts. While it would not be appropriate to include anything I've read here in an article outside this community forum, I will at least have a better context when I do get the chance to speak with someone for the article--whether they're in the US or the UK. Thanks again.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS