Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Just diagnosed, moving fast

First I would like to say, WOW, thank you everyone for your advise.
Here are the biopsy details:
Right Base PTI 40%
Right Lateral base PTI 40%
Right Mid PTI 5%
Right Lateral Mid PTI 30%
Left Apex PTI 30%
Left Mid Suspicious
Left Lateral Apex HGPIN
All other areas benign

CT scan came back clean.
I think I will get another option from a well regarded Urologist at Loyal.

Thank you once again.
Buzz

Buzz:
Your Gleason score implies a non-aggressive cancer. Other indicators include PSA score and PSA velocity (you mention neither). Chances are there is no urgency for you to rush into one of the most aggressive treatment methods. Generally speaking the more research you undertake at this point,the greater the likelihood you will make a good decision for yourself. Your research will also enable you to ask good questions of the various clinicians you are likely to encounter as you proceed.

As part of your research effort you may find the following book by Bob Marckini helpful: "You Can Beat Prostate Cancer..." His chapter on the advantages and disadvantages of several methods of treating PCa is usually of particular interest to the newly diagnosed. This book is readily available, an easy read and well worth its modest price. Although this book is nearly ten years old at this point much,if not most, of the information remains relevant.
Regards Don O.

Buzz there is no need to rush into a treatment decision at the present time. I support the advice that other posters have given you. Do some research and look at your options and potential side effects from treatment choices. Feel free to ask any questions that may be on your mind. Us old PCa warriors are all here to help you.

best wishes
john

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS