Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Rising PSA after 10 years of Radical Prostatectmy

Hello john,
Thank you for your prompt reply. You mentioned 0.02. I have read that 0.1 is the level to be concerned. Do I mistake.
Assaf

Yes Assaf, higher than 0,02 is considered the benchmark for biochemical recurrence post RP. Just keep up your regular PSA testing and see what happens. Even if over time, you do actually develop biochemical recurrence, your chances of reaching 80 years plus, would be very good. So relax and get on with your life.

best wishes
john

Hello John,
Thank you very much.
Your answer relaxes me.
I'll be in touch after I'll take my next test.
sincerely
Assaf

PSA after 10 years RPP

The info below is from a Dr. Catalona FAQ site. So many numbers get kicked around, but this Doctor is quite reputable and informative. He references 0.2 for biochemical recurrence which would be substantially different from 0.02-but I likely missed something in the discussion as I frequently do these days! Again so many different views on this animal but I guess we should evaluate them all to try to stay on top of the beast.

Allen Z

All elevated PSA levels after surgery should be re-checked to rule out a laboratory error. For practical purposes, it is very difficult to detect PSA when levels are less than 0.2 ng/ml. Therefore, we consider any PSA value less than 0.2 as being negligible. A value of 0.2 or 0.1ng/ml would be considered essentially zero. PSA above 0.2 or above is an indication of cancer recurrence, and treatments for recurrence should begin before the PSA reaches 1.0ng/ml.

Re: PSA after 10 years RPP

Hello Alan,
Thanks for the information.
Assaf

Fine Assaf, relax, you have many good days ahead of you to come.
best wishes
john

Hello John,
Thanks,
Assaf

Hello Friends,
Yesterday my doctor called me regarding my question about the rising of my PSA from <0.004 over the last 10 years to 0.01 on my last test three weeks ago. He said not to worry. He said that the rise may be caused due to a change in the test kit. He added that after 10 years of RP the routine is to check the PSA level once a year. He rcommended to check my PSA in the next six month ahead (0n May 2016) and to be in touch with him. To make my story short he said "be calm do not worry and continue your life as usual".
Thak you all for your support.
Best regards
A. Nattiv

Re: Rising PSA after 10 years of Radical Prostatectomy

Hello my good friends,
It has been a long time since we were in touch and I am glad to tell you that my PSA level is back to "normal" - less then 0.004 microgram/ml. As I had told you, I had talked with my physician as my PSA level had been rising to 0.01 and he said to worry, to wait about 6 months and to check again and I did it.
Best wishes for good health to all of you.
Assaf Nattiv

Re: Rising PSA after 10 years of Radical Prostatectomy

Assaf-

Great news! happy for you ---

Bobby Mac

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS