Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tough Decision

Hi Michael. Glad I could be at least of some help with a suggestion anyway. Too bad the number of cores thing though. I only got one call from the good Dr. Morris (a nice fellow by the way) when they had the results of my 38 core biopsy. since then the Dr. did a "whole gland" brachytherapy for me. 145 seeds. Maybe one of the Ontario things might work out. Well, got to go. best wishes - Rick
P.S. It seems to me a matter of simple logic that any treatment that allows as little trauma and bodily disturbance as possible, which is the very heart and goal of Focal Therapy, should be far superior to the so-called Whole Gland whatever? therapy. And it amazes me that the powers to be are so reticent about this thing called Focal therapy! I'm really surprised (well maybe not! nor should I be!)that this can't be recognized and understood and that more funding isn't being made available for this type of therapy. Lord knows there are certainly enough willing participants.

Well I have concluded my research and have decided to go for surgery (radical prostatectomy) as watchful waiting seems too risky, radiation does not appeal, focal therapy still unproven.....

Hopefully with my young age, great health, small localized tumour site, no symptoms, negative DRE and experienced surgeon I will have a good recovery.

Good luck to all!

MB

Michael B.
Best wishes.
Don O.

Good choice. I was with a Gleason score 3+3=6 when I was 43 years old back in 2002. Had my surgery and been fine. My PSA never reached zero. It average .2 for many years. I think doing surgery first is the way to go, and if that fails, radiation, and if that fails, chemo. Each protocol one can buy more time. Good luck.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS