Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: August 6th - One Year Without Terry Here

Anthea Herbert replied:

Thank you very much Mark and also thank you to George and all my beloved Ter's pals al over the world.....His passing is indeed a great loss to SO many people but especially to our son Matt and me who miss his strong and humour filled presence every day of our lives.......He was always such a pleasure to spend time with as he was interested in SO many things and never lost his wonderful sense of humour even into his last days........I feel immensely privileged to have spent almost 50 years with him as we had been married just on 47 years when he passed away.

We thank you all for your kind thoughts at this sad time and wish all who are dealing with any sort of serious illness that they have the best of care and love for as long as they live.

With fond regards to you all, Anthea, Matt and family.

You said it well George. I think of Terry often and how supportive and helpful he was to all of us.

One year? Seems like yesterday. Sadly missed. But his words live on and they speak volumes for the person he was.

George, thanks for those lovely words. For my seven years on active surveillance, the YANA website was of real comfort and Terry's kind words were always an inspiration. He was a true mentor. In fact it was Terry's belief in AS that led me down that path in the first place, and for that I will always be grateful.

6th August, 2014, will be a date always etched in my memory, as it was also the date I had my prostate removed. Terry's passing was the sad news I leaned just after waking from my surgery. So from now to forever, the 6th August will always be the anniversary of my surgery and the anniversary of the passing of Terry, a man I loved and adored as much as it is possible to love someone I hadn't met.

And I will always regret never taking that short one hour plane ride down to Melbourne to meet him, and thank him personally for the enormous contribution he made to the support of prostate cancer sufferers around the world.

Brian

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS