Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cannabis - Watch a 'miracle' cure.....

Greetings

Other than keeping my bio up to date each year, I'm sorry to say I've neglected this forum. So as a way of introducing myself, let me present a challenge to all of you. I would like to know if you can watch this film of a young girl with Dravet's Syndrome, Charlotte Figi, who was having 300 epilepsy seizures a week before using cannabis oil ....... Can you watch this film without conceding that cannabis IS medicine? Here's my evidence -- prove me wrong!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEp-KkCOq_o

Can't believe it? I didn't either until I saw it. A life saved, what's that worth? Maybe putting skepticism on the back burner for 43 minutes, and watching this video. And how will we know if cannabis can help cure prostate cancer if we don't study it. Our government in the US refuses to study this medicine, that's the problem.

I've been one of the fortunate. My PC was contained ....... the Proton Radiation worked. It seemed like a miracle to me. Today my PSA is 0.09 and I'm a happy camper......

charley coryn, 77, lancing, TN., USA

And for the record, since cannabis is a medicine, I do not suggest anyone under the age of 20 use it except by prescription.

Re: Cannabis - Watch a 'miracle' cure.....

Hi all,

I saw this thread, so I thought I would add my two cents on this topic. I have stage IV PC, and I was just diagnosed in November of 2014. So my education has been furiously overwhelming. I went to Urgent care in December for a unrelated problem, and the dr saw that I had PC. He then said something to me about oil and a vaporizer, and I had no idea what he was talking about. About a week later, one of my brothers told me one of his marijuana providers said that he would provide me with oil if I desired. For free, and as much as I needed. So now this bell goes off, and I start reading all I can about cannabinoid oil. And I was amazed and angry about what I found out. There are countless sites with lots of info. For instance, there is a British pharmaceutical company that already sells a drug that has cannabinoid oil as its main ingredient. And it is used to treat MS. The company is called GW PHARMA. I also perused the American Cancer society and the National institute of health in the US. And both sites reluctantly admit that treatment with the cannabinoid oil, has shown very promising results. But both say more testing and trials are needed. Needless to say I was very impressed with what I read. So I am supplementing my ADT therapy with the oil. My PSA was originally 178 and was down to 4 in early January which is when I started using the oil. I had it tested a week ago, and it was 1.92. I do know that one cannot jump to any conclusions about my use of the oil. But I will continue to use the oil, as there are no nasty side effects. As you do not smoke it, you let it get absorbed into your mouth. And I have read enough positive information on the subject. And I did not fabricate the story about the Dr in Urgent care. I myself hope that all the information is confirmed and that cannabinoid is used down the road to help everybody. And being in my fifties, I. Used to experiment with marijuana when I was much younger. But had not used it in many many years. But it really does help my appetite and pain levels. I know I might be sounding like to much of an advocate, but the Chinese have been using it for medicinal purposes for thousands of years. Just another thing I learned in my research.

Hello Hank

I'm not a doctor or medical professional in any way, but I do read a lot. And I have a gut feeling that the cannabis oil may work for many things, we'll know with time, research has just begun. Is your PC contained? I hope you've caught it in time, before it spreads. Mine had not spread, so the proton radiation worked well for me. There were just rumors about cannabinoids in 2008 when I realized I needed help, and the cannabis information was just beginning to get out. The studies now being done are mostly outside the US, especially in Israel......

And I'm posting this to point out to all that cannabis is not simply a recreational drug plant, it's very complex plant with a long history of medicinal use since the earliest times, and it deserves respect and study, not fear and condemnation. It's curious to me that while the physiologists have known about and examined the homeostatic systems of the body, i.e. the mechanics of how we return our bodies to normal following extreme stress or heat or dryness, there has never been a mention of the Endocannabinoid system. We have receptors throughout our bodies that accept the cannabinoids of the plant.

GW Pharmaceuticals has been a leader in the recent research, and Sativex is now prescribed for various reasons, MS in particular. Many countries have thrown out their old prohibitions, such as the Singleton treaty of 1962, when the US convinced the whole world to outlaw the cannabis plant.

I'm trying to imagine a PSA of 178, that seems very high. That it's come all the way down to 1.92 seems miraculous and indicative that something is working. Mine seems to have leveled off at 0.09 and I'm happy with that. My best wishes to you for a continuation of this improving trend. Keep us posted.......

charley,77, Lancing, TN.

Hi Charley and anyone else that might be interested,

Unfortunately my PC (I have always hated being politically correct even before I got cancer)
Has spread to many places. So if the cannabinoid oil is what they claim it is. I will be a good unofficial example of its benefits. They also tout the oil as a salve/ ointment. So I had a cut that had not fully healed and gone away. Because that is another free benefit of the disease. So I tried some of it on the cut, all signs of the cut was gone in two days, after applying it once each day. I too am not a physician, but have a long history of health issues. Including 10 previous surgeries. So I am not a complete fool when it comes to medicine. But I have a feeling the powers that be, believe we are in the US. It is my opinion that besides the federal government hindering access to cannabinoids. The pharmaceutical companies are holding back on clinical studies with cannabanoids because they cannot patent any part of the cannabis plant. Therefore cannot make ungodly sums of money for ten years. And I also know that my psa dropping is mostly due to the ADT therapy. But being a newcomer to this unwelcome condition. I am not sure of the usual and customary drops in psa. And their timetables. I too hope they take the chains off and let the medical professionals do what they do best,find cures. Instead of making them jump thru hoops at every turn. Whoever heard of only being able to get a possible cure, from one source and location only. Like they do here in the US, where you can only use the cannabis grown at one farm in Mississippi? Anyways, Charley thanks for the feedback and info and kind words.

Re: Cannabis

Hello Hank

In one of the film clips I remember a Stanley brother saying he had a greenhouse full of the low THC, high CBD cultivars but there was no demand for it. Must have been a couple of years back because the seeds for high CBD varieties now is about $30 a seed. But you're in a cannabis friendly state aren't you? There should be some knowledgable doctors where you're at. It's the most interesting plant around to my mind, apparently cultivated and used medicinally for a couple of thousand years now. And likely it will be years to come before they understand it completely. Good luck in your search..... Have you tried to talk with Rick Simpson, or maybe he's still out of the country. Canadians want to jail him for trying to find a cancer cure.

I'll pass on whatever I find that might be of value to you, and best of luck in your searches.

charley

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS