Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Advanced diagnostics

What are thoughts about advanced diagnostics. MRI/ultrasound fusion. Unable to find any centers or hospitals using it in Massachusetts. Dr Scionti was. but set up practice in Florida. Recently scheduled TRUS. Worth waiting ?

Re: Advanced diagnostics

Bob,
Four years ago I had an MRI done with a program called VividLook from a company called iCad. You can read my story at "Joe H" on this site if you like but the summary is that after three years of AS and three TRUS biopsies my PSA continued to rise and the biopsies failed to determine the true cause. In 2011, I had an MRI with VividLook and MRI film clearly showed a tumor which the TRUS biopsies failed to find. Using the MRI films, my uro easily easily was able sample all areas of the tumor and it was found to be a GS 8 tumor. You can google "VividLook" for more information or feel free to contact me via email.

Re: Advanced diagnostics

Joe,
Glad things are going well. Currently I am unable to locate any facilities in MA. using the advanced diagnostics for initial biopsy. Dr Scionti had used ultrasound/MRI fusion for diagnostics, but has moved onto his practice in Florida. My urologist suggested a biopsy. Said I fit profile for routine biopsy. Over 60, PSA 4.5. He said they used to refer difficult diagnosis for his advanced imaging. He said they sometimes take more samples than the usual 12. I have biopsy scheduled in 3 weeks. .
The advanced diagnostics I researched was called Artemis and Targetscan. Still unsure of decision. Guess I am still wearing 2 watches. Thanks, Bob

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS