Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Views on ADT+Chemo

Hi,

This is a continuation of my previous thread "Almost Diagnosed" but since the question is quite general I started a new thread.

My Dad has now been on CAB for about 3 weeks and I have been searching daily for the latest updates on PCa therapies just in case I should be doing something I am not.

I would like to hear your views on Adjunct therapies in combination with ADT especially simultaneous use of Taxotere + ADT versus sequential. I am familiar with the CHAARTED trial and how the use of simultaneous therapy works better for people with multiple bone mets. But the results for low volume disease have not been published yet because I believe the median survival has not been reached.

Do you have any further information on ADT + chemo? Or for that matter if radiotherapy + ADT is a viable option for patients with non-regional lymph node only involvement?

AllTime from India

Re: Views on ADT+Chemo

ALLTIME,

My Oncologist, Dr. Leibowitz, would treat your Dad with Chemo plus ADT3 even though he doesn't appear to have distant met's. Remember, just because he doesn't show mets on a bone scan, doesn't mean he doesn't have bone mets that can not be seen by the bone scan.

Fred

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS