Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Some Interesting YANA Statistics!!

The use of the term "no worries" is a very interesting phenomenon. It is used by Aussies to cover almost every situation, regardless of the circumstances, and regardless of the true extent and nature of the worry. There doesn't have to be an absence of worry for "no worries" to be used. In fact, it is common for "no worries" to be used in the most worrisome of situations.

Thanks for taking the time to do the analysis. Happy New Year.

Ask any man dying in hospital from PCa (who was on AS) what he thinks of AS?
JH

Ask any many dying in the hospital with a particular disease after undergoing a particular therapy how he feels about that therapy.

I just have a simple question or two and likely missed it somewhere along this on-going discussion (which I am not sure the end-game point is); i.e., how does anyone know if they are low risk based on the randomness of biopsies? I have heard that the only way to know full pathology is to examine the gland after it has been reviewed?

Allen Z.

Allen,

Please refer to John Bonneville's response on " some further clarification" dated Dec 27 @ 7:59pm. He does a good job describing an AS monitoring protocol. If you had a high grade tumor that was missed by a needle biopsy and started to grow, your PSA , and imaging testing would catch it.

Fred

The End Game

Hi Allen,

If you are asking what the end game is in this AS debate, IMO it is recognition, respect, acceptance and implementation among the PCa medical community at large, reflecting the fact that this strategy has proven itself to be a viable option for those that meet the criteria. Until that happens, we are going to continue to have a serious over-treatment problem worldwide.

Be well,
Alan M in the USA

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS