Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
chemo value

Hank thought this info might be useful for others considering chemotherapy following on from his own "chemo" post.

Thanks to your email, I ran across similar treatment as the molecular
profiling that Dr Robert A Nagourney,and Snuffy Myers do. And this is at the Mayo Clinic, but they call it
Center for Individualized Medicine. They do 2 different tests for your DNA markings. One of them is for 200-300 different markings that would apply to
me and my Prostrate Cancer. And the
beauty of it, is that most insurance will cover this testing. The other
genetic test is for over 20,000 different individual markings, and this test will tell you if you will develop any serious types of diseases etc etc. Because of your DNA. But insurance will not cover this test, and it would cost
you $14,000 just for the test. The Mayo is pretty renowned for all of it's treatments. But they only have 3 locations. The one in MN(which is where I am from) another in AZ and one in FL.
I really like that idea of testing your cells to see what they will respond to, before you start treatment. So I am getting treatment there. But since you were so kind as to reply to me, I thought maybe you might want to post this info on the website to help others. I will eventually post my trials and tribulations, but right now my head is spinning, from all the info out there. It seems you learn one thing, then it takes you off into another direction and you learn and ....

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS