Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Prostate Cancer Survivor and Partner Research

Hello, my name is Andrew Wood and I am a doctoral student at the University of Central Florida. I am conducting a study for my dissertation on prostate cancer and how it affects couples. In this study, I am looking at assessments from prostate cancer survivors and their romantic or intimate partners (husband/wife, girlfriend/boyfriend, or significant other). I have contacted the administrator for this page to get approval to post an advertisement for my study and want to thank you for the opportunity to post this message. I understand that the group is used to provide education and support and I do not want to interfere with that in any way, as I consider myself a prostate cancer advocate and want to provide more knowledge to the mental health field as to how couples deal with the disease and how to help make their lives better.

This is an online survey. Both individuals (prostate cancer survivors and their partners) should take it one after the other, but try to keep your own responses private. Either person can initiate the survey, but the other must complete it. The entire survey should take 15-30 minutes in total.

In order to participate in this study, you must be over the age of 18, currently be in a romantic or intimate relationship, and one person must have had a diagnosis of prostate cancer.

For your time, I will be donating $1.00 for each person that completes the survey ($2.00 per couple) to the Prostate Cancer Foundation. The Safeway foundation is currently matching donations (until December 31st), making each couple that participates essentially donating $4.00.

If you and your partner would like to take the survey, please follow this link:

http://goo.gl/Wwbhin

If you have any questions or concerns about the survey before, during, or after taking it, you can reach me here or at a.wood@knights.ucf.edu and I can provide you with further contact information for my adviser and/or the University of Central Florida Institutional Review Board.

I will be posting a link to this survey a few more times between now and January 16th to ensure that the greatest amount of people see it. Thank you for your time.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS