Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Anybody been to Dr Charles Myers from Europe?

Julie:
I am a U.S. patient of Dr. Myers so I am not exactly who you would like to hear from. Even so my impression is Dr. Myers is willing to work with any physician regardless of location. If you need more assurance I can ask your question by a special e-mail "portal" he has set up to communicate with his patients.
Don O.

Re: Anybody been to Dr Charles Myers from Europe?

Hi Don

Thank you for your reply.

I have been in contact with Mr Myers and he will take my husband as a patient and I know he is willing to work with other doctors. Unfortunately Dr Myers has told me he has no established contact in Holland. But thank you for your kind offer.

My concern is that our doctor seems to have his own ideas and when we suggested combined hormone therapy, he didn't agree. From everything I have read, this is need to lower the PSA to less than 0.05. I was really just interested if others had experiences of Dr Myers working with European doctors. The doctor here has been very forward thinking in other ways as my husband has had Eligard combined with Docetaxel/prednisone as initial treatment and I think he is one the first in this country to have had that. He may be wiling to work with Dr Myers - we just haven't asked the question yet. But for us its a wated journey to the states if we can't find a doctor here to prescribe the drugs.

However there are other doctors - and we live close to other European countries so there's always that option.

Regards
Julie

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS