Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lupron and belly fat

Had a 4 month shot of Luprn in July
Have been watching diet and exercise regularly
Have noticed increase in belly fat ( didn't have much before)
Can't seem to get rid of it with exercise and diet
Also blood pressure is elevated (have been on medication for this prior to shot)
Ant thoughts or ideas
Thanks
John

Re: Lupron and belly fat

John,

All ADT does this. Testosterone helps us to be active - the hunter gatherer thing, but without it we tend to be more lethargic. You have to fight it by exercising more. This of course is harder as you age but stick with it and burn off the calories. You'll feel better for it. Trust me, it gets even harder as one ADT regime follows another. I've been facing this for seven years now!

OCV in England

Re: Lupron and belly fat

Thanks for your response
I do exercise , treadmill, eliptical, walking
Go to gym 3 days a week and work outside a lot
Guess I will have to do more
Really haven't felt lethargic but am hungry all the time
Wife keeps tabs on that

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS