Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PSA drop "prior" to ADT & IMRT

I had a PSA of 4.8, 2 mths prior to starting ADT, (biopsy - gleason 7, 4+3) and I am now on ADT prior to radiation treatment (IMRT).

Blood test for PSA the day before starting ADT treatment - PSA had dropped to 3.5! (25% from 4.8)

1 mth into ADT- PSA has dropped to 1.7 (65% from 4.8)

Anyone else experienced similar fast drop in PSA? is it normal?

2 mth prior to starting ADT I started taking Theracurmin for a shoulder injury (reduces inflammation, really worked well zero pain now!)

Anyway just wanted to give people a heads up on my experience so far.

Matt

Re: PSA drop \\\"prior\\\" to ADT & IMRT

Matt,

Not only is a PSA drop like yours common, it can be much greater(see my story, for example. It seems to me that the radiation treatment sets in stone the reduction achieved by the ADT and does not actually cut it much directly, at least in the straightforward cases where the PCa responds very well to ADT. May your splendid progress be maintained!

OC in England

Re: PSA drop "prior" to ADT & IMRT

Hi Matt
My Husband's PSA dropped from 95 to 8 in 21 days.
All the best with your treatment.
thanks
Jennie

Re: PSA drop "prior" to ADT & IMRT

Yes Matt your current PSA values mirrors that of my own., albeit over 8 years ago now. You should do well as I did.
John

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS