Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PSA after Eligard

Hi, my Dad was diagnosed with aggressive prostate cancer 5 yrs ago. He had surgery but margins were not clear. He took Eligard for 3 years and it has been 10 months since his last injection. His PSA three months ago was .001 now it is 0.25. Although that is still very low should we be concerned about the percentage increase? Thank you!

Re: PSA after Eligard

Ligeo,

I don't believe you need to be overly concerned with this. Since his surgery was not successful in removing all the cancer it is understandable that his PSA would go up after stopping Eligard. I'm guessing that his urologist is treating him and is the one that prescribed Eligard..

I would like to suggest that you find an oncologist specializing in prostate cancer. These docs know way more than a Urologist about treating prostate cancer with drugs.

Fred

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS