Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Gleason 9: PSA pre-surgery: 4.9, post-surgery: 3.9. Anyone with similar experience?

John,
Your result is very unusual but the GS 9 is the clue that the cancer has spread and very little was in the prostate. Expect the oncologist to recommend hormone treatment and possibley radiation ASAP. There are a lot of new drugs that have come out in the last two years. In five years there will be a lot more new drugs and treatments so a good chance that almost all of us will die with PC and not from it. Bone scans seldom see the cancer with a PSA less than 10 so they might delay giving you the bone scan. I would recommend that you join a support group and read enough on PC so you feel confident you understand what the options are and why they are recommending the treatmentds they are. You now have a new hobby.

Re: Gleason 9: PSA pre-surgery: 4.9, post-surgery: 3.9. Anyone with similar experience?

Thanx for the info; this is good to know and gives me a better feeling about what's going on. I'll start researching systemic PCa.

Had a bone scan and MRI pre-surgery and neither indicated any problems. Had a bone scan post surgery and there was no change there.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS