Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Confusing Results

I think what John is saying is " If you don't agree with me then you are spewing misinformation". Perhaps John could give some specific examples of this "misinformation" so that we all can judge for ourselves.

Fred,

I disagree that continuing this debate would serve any useful purpose. Everything that could have been written has been. Men uncommitted to either polarity will take the wisdom expressed from both viewpoints and make up their own minds (with guidance from their physician) after challenging things they don't understand or have doubts about. It is important that we own our chosen treatment path, for better or for worse, but that we take soundly based advice in so doing.

Much of what both have written over the years I have found valuable, but I'm discerning enough to filter out the stuff that seems unwise in my own case. I hope every reader of this forum does that too!

OC in England

Old Codger,

I didn't know we were suppose to be clearing all of our comments or questions with you so you could determine if they
served any useful purpose. "Everything that could have been written has been". Really? How did you come to that conclusion?

This kind of discussion could drive away newly diagnosed men looking as much for compassion and support as they do information.

Allen Z

Fred,

I don't think Old Codger is suggesting for a minuite that all posts have to be cleared by him but rather that this subject has been done to death and should not occupy any more of the space on this Forum.

I don't know if you went to the link I included in my last post, but that summarises the position well. If you want to see more of John's views then click on his name when the Index is open and you will be able to see all of his posts including this threat/promise in December 2009:

Terry we have discussed misinformation before, and you know I have strong views about the spreading of. Henceforth I shall no longer post on this forum.

Unfortunately he did not keep his word.

As Allen Z says, this kind of posting does not help newly diagnosed men at all and I suggest we consider it closed.

All the best
Terry in Australia

Terry,

I will drop it. I just thought his attack on you should not go unchallenged.

Fred

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS