Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Can you help?

Hello,

I am a masters student currently undertaking a research project as part of my Health Psychology MSc at The University of Nottingham in the United Kingdom

The overall purpose of the project is to investigate whether members of testicular and prostate cancer online support groups perceive there to be health and social benefits of membership and if so, what are those benefits?

This area us under-researched and I hope to be able to find out more about the potentially valuable support gained through participation in the hope that it may be used to help others in the future. We hope the results gathered from this research can be used to help individuals with prostate and testicular cancer.

Your site administrator has given me permission to post this invitation for people to take part on here. This study is conducted all online and involves answering a short questionnaire. The questionnaire should take 5-10 minutes, and the more the merrier so please fill it in if you have time! I'd be so very grateful!

Participation in this research is completely voluntary and anonymous; you can also withdraw your data at any time. This study has received ethical approval from University of Nottingham, faculty of medicine ethics committee.

If you have any questions regarding this research please feel free to contact me on lwxtan@nottingham.ac.uk. Thank you for reading and if you are able to spare a few minutes to participate I really would be extremely grateful.

This is the link to the questionnaire:

https://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/nottingham/handsquestionnaire/ or click here:

Questionnaire Link

Many thanks,
Tracy Notman

Re: Can you help?

Here is a corrected link:

Click here

Completed for you! Thanks for taking an interest in this area. Much appreciated. More we know the better
Jamie in Scotland

Tracy:
Thank you for the opportunity to express how helpful YANA has been over the years since my Pca diagnosis. I hope the results when published will demonstrate how important YANA and other similar sites are to those of us searching for answers.
I dearly hope other YANA participants will take the time to complete the survey. Your questions are thought-provoking, and the results are potentially highly constructive.
Best wishes Don O.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS