Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Not lupron

Hi all I asked questions before and thanks for replies I am on lupron for about 8months I have now two broken vertebrae I had my last shot of lupron 4weeks ago I'm thinking of casodex 250 daily seeing my urologist tomowwow may 01 please help my psa is .4 I'm desperate gls score is 6 but 3 spots of cancer what should I do or take lots of pain from fractures I'm 80 years in gen, good health radiation causes bone loss too I am hold please help I'm counting on you all thanks. I had no other therapy only lupron and finasteride. Thanks again. God bless all john q

Re: Not lupron

Aloha John q,
Could you give more info:
How did you break your vertebrae? (it usually takes a while to have bone density loss, unless your bones were not in good condition to start with)
What were your initial PCa conditions?
Do you perform any exercise, like walking for 1/2 hour 5-6 days/week?
It would seem like at your age, that the doc would take into account your physical condition, before prescribing ADT. It affects each of us differently, if it is really bad for you, I'd try to get off of it after a year.
Do you have a close friend?
Hang in there,
Joe

I'm going off lupron trying casodex 150mg daily I had osteoporosis to begin with bones just broke no accident. Any ideas beside casodex something that won't effect bones gl6 psa now .4 I'm fed up of breaking bones wil probably let nature take its course I'm too old for radiation that effects bones too I'm told no win situation. A way thanks to all any suggestions bless you al john qpt89

Thanks for your reply I am now on casodex 150mg daily as on finasteride 5mg daily started it one

John,

A few questions and suggestions.

What was your Testosterone before Lupron treatment?

Has your doctor prescribed any med that prevents bone loss like Prolia? If not he should have.

Are you taking supplements like calcium, vitamin D? You should get your serum vitamin D to at least 50.

Fred

T before was about 600 I gave all info I can I'm asking for alternative to lupron and lupron family of drugs. Somebody must know an alternative. Thanks. John q

John,

Some men have been treated with mono therapy by an anti-androgen like casodex. It typically doesn't have the fatigue and sexual side effects associated with Lupron. It's important to understand the extent of your disease before choosing this option. I would want a good oncologist to make that call.

Fred

Thanks to you and all what about patches and other unpopular drugs like something that does not effect the bone health. Lupron is out for me thanks I'd like to hear from anyone I repeat again psa .4 gl. Score 6 three areas of cancer getting aggressive now boswick labs said so. I'm 80 good health lot pain in my back l1 l2 fractures not coming from cancer I was told by docs. Am I too old for radiation. Does radiation effect bone health as bad as lupron. Thanks for all your good work dying to hear from and your experience. God bless all thanks john qpvh

I'm on fosamax any good? Thanks q what is an alternative to lupron I'm trying casodex. Please help john q

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS