Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pending follow up surgery sling and implant

Been 4 & 1/2 years since they extracted what has been referred to as "the largest prostate removed robotically". It is 5 weeks to go before I undergo surgery once again but this time to have things put in not taken out. First week of June they will attach a male sling due to my ongoing incontinence and at the same time install a penile implant.

Anyone with any recent such experience please give me hope cause I'm sick on crying!

Re: Pending follow up surgery sling and implant

Greg,

If you go to this page RESOURCESon the YANA website and enter penile implant into the Site Search Engine you'll find dozens of stories from men who have had this done. You can read their stories and if you wish mail them for further information. Similarly if you enter implants into the site search engine you'll see many stories from men who have made this choice.

Good luck.
Terry in Australia

Re: Pending follow up surgery sling and implant

Hi Greg,
My story is rather lengthy, so I suggest reading it when you have a chance. Anyhow, I am 6 years post cancer surgery and almost 2 years out since I had the male sling and penile prothesis installed.Both of these devices changed my life and my wife of 36 years. I would highly recoomend each of them when installed by the proper surgeon. This is the way to go unless a person wants to continue with pads and the other discraceful things. Please contact me if have any other questions.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS