Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: DON'T USE YOUR NAME.......also OUR INFORMATION

As you say David it was your choice to use your name, but for many people there are some risks in doing that. Workplaces are sometimes very hard on people they see as being a potential problem for example. So we are always happy to post stories with pseudonymns as well as those where full names are used.

Thank you for maintaining your updates which are so important especially for newly diagnosed men - and congratulation on your Silver status

All the best
Terry in Australia

Re: DON'T USE YOUR NAME.......

I have been a Yana Mentor since 2011 and using my name has not been an issue. (Knock on wood) The information provided in the forum and survivor stories has been invaluable to me and to others. Yes there are unscrupulous characters trolling the internet. I have never been worried that someone might find out that I had prostate cancer and somehow use that against me. I suppose they could but I would rather share my experience and knowledge to help others than to keep it hidden out of fear. Of course using an alias makes good sense on the internet these days but if someone wants to find out who you are then there is not much you can do to stop them. Anyone that would exploit those suffering from cancer have no class or dignity. Some lines you just do not cross.

Re: DON'T USE YOUR NAME.......

Terry,
I am new to this site and I see that I put my full name in a post yesterday.
Can I change this so as not to see my full name in the post? Any help you
or anyone else can provide will be greatly appreciated.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS