Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: husband diagnosed advanced prostate cancer

Nury,

So sorry to hear your news. I am sure that all of us who have been diagnosed with this disease share your feelings, but you have to take a deep breath and learn all you can.

The first thing is that although there are many variations of this disease it seems your husband may have one of the more aggressive forms. That's the bad news. The less bad news is that modern medications and radiation therapies can help to manage even aggressive and advanced disease for a considerable time - many years in some cases.

The way I approached my diagnosis was to try and understand as much as I could about the disease and because there was such confusing information, I set up the YANA You Are Not Alone Now site. Go along there and read the information. That will hopefully help you understand the options available to your husband a little more.

As you go along you will find that you have specific questions. Come back here and ask them - we'll try our best to answer them.

Terry in Australia

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS