Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: radium-223 chloride

Thanks Terry, I will.

You might also want to look up the drug under the name alpharadin which is the name used in the initial animal studies that show myelofibrosis, enlarged spleen, and increased intracranial hematopoiesis as outcomes. Jo

Terry,

Thanks for the very helpful info. I will continue to research this topic.

Cheers,

Henk

My husband became quite ill within one hour of his one and only dose. He'd been fully functioning and pain free for 7 years although his PCa was considered aggressive and he had wide spread bone mets. He had severe pain and nausea and lost 30 pounds in 3 weeks and became too weak to stand or sit up. With intensive physical therapy he was able to walk with arcane for very short distances until he relapsed again two months after the treatment. He developed a bleed in his small intestine and bladder infection and never recovered. He died on December 2nd from acute GI bleed and bronchopneumonia. Jo

Jo,

Sorry for the late reply.
And very sorry to hear about your husband.
I will certainly look into this further before deciding on treatment.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS