Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Memory Loss and Zoladex

I have only been on zoladex for seven months and already experiencing all these side effects. Can't imagine doing it for six years. Jen aside from the memory problems what other effects is your husband experiencing, any bone loss, muscle atrophy ect. I'm 59 and still trying to maintain my job. The fatigue is brutal and the cognitive issues don't help. I have been taking a herb called Ashwagandha i find it helps with the fatigue. Apparently it helps support the adrenal glands. If anyone has any other suggestions I would like to hear them.

Hi Gearloose.
My husband has done really well to try and overcome side effects. He has maintained his weight as we eat a very healthy and low calorie diet, it hasn't been easy though as we both love our food, but we do it together. Although he has maintained his weight his body has changed from being very hairy and muscly to quite flabby and the dreaded man boobs. This upsets him greatly and he wears mainly striped dark shirts as this looks better. His libido is utterley gone completely. It has changed him from a flirty, sexy, bit of a womaniser to a "sensible" man who can't even watch a film where anyone is having just a passionate kiss. It has been the hardest journey ever. I used to just look at him and my tummy would have butterflies, we had such chemistry. But after nearly 6 years I can't feel something like that for someone who just doesn't see me in that way any more. The other awful thing is that he has become very quarrelsome with people, upsetting a few people. He admits that he has a very short fuse now. They say testosterone gives a man aggression but without it, it is worse. At first he was calmer but after about 3 years he has become sometimes quite nasty at times.
Sorry to say all these things but you wanted to know but the effects have become much worse the 2nd 3 years. Hopefully you will not have to be on it as long as my Husband and that you are able to have more curable treatment However after being given a diagnosis nearly 6 years ago with 95 psa and gleason 9 in-operable
prostate cancer he is still here. His psa is now rising. I call Zoladex "the other woman"
Best wishes

Well, nice? to know that I'm not the only one that is struggling with memory issues. My family and friends have me convinced that I have not lost my mind though and we've gotten used to my forgetfulness. Maybe one day, I'll forget to wear pants to work!

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS