Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Finding a Prostrate Cancer Support Group

Since I can't seem to find a way to add on to my original discussion and my story still isn't approved, I am asking anyone in Southern California, I live in Rosemead near Pasadena in the San Gabriel Valley, if they know of ANY support groups. Everything I read, including stories here, urge that we find one. I can't believe that in Southern California there are none but from all the calls i've made this morning, they either don't have one or the information is incorrect.

I think it would help me a great deal.

Thanks in advance.

Alan Krug

Re: Finding a Prostrate Cancer Support Group

Alan

I am sorry that you have been unable to find a support group in Southern California. Assuredly there are. Hoping not to state the obvious, can I sak if you have followed the suggestions on our SURVIVING PROSTATE CANCER page? There you will see links to various support organistions. US-TOO for example has this map showing where support groups are and there seem to be several in Southern California.

Hope this helps you find some support. The only other thing I can suggest is to filter the SURVIVOR STORIESto show only men in California.

Your story has been approved - there are only two of us running this site, one in California and one in Australia and we do sleep at times - but i don't think there would have been much of a delay to add to your story go to UPDATE YOUR STORY

Hope this helps some
Terry in Australia

Re: Finding a Prostrate Cancer Support Group

Ironically, after having no luck finding a support group in the Pasadena, CA area, I ended up with two, both in Pasadena. A phone call to a listing in USTOO to a non-functioning group led to the woman answering the phone to do more research and came up with them. So, as this goes on, I will be trying both of them out. Thank you to the kindness of strangers.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS