Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
prostate cancer in both ribs

id like to know how anyone in yana has being diagnosed with rib cancer from prostate what can be done at this stage is it radiation surgery or more intensive hormone therapy please give me ypor input thanks sincerely john q

Re: prostate cancer in both ribs

You can radiate for pain issues as they develop, you might also kill PCa cells at that site(s). You normally look to drug therapies to slow down and or kill off PCa cells, in hope of getting these mets and micro mets. Some drugs work better at killing hrpca cells or slowing them down than others, apparently. You might try estrogenic drugs as they can cause direct apoptosis on PCa even when casodex or Lupron seems to fail. Dr. Fred Lee has incurable PCa and is living 33 yrs. later, he used emcyt (estramustine) in his case. I used DES for many years and it outperformed ADT3 drug protocol, big time in my case. To bad it wasn't for decades.

If you have mets at distant sites (beyond the nodes), you can then realize that micro mets almost certainly exist also and anywhere. They can show up later on when increasing enough as to volume. So, we end up chasing the clouds very unfortunately.

You might look into XL184 (in trials) could be gotten off label it is approved for thyroid cancer. The findings as to mets before and after using is actually incredible and trumps any drug I have knowledge of, for that. Friend of mine in clinical trial with XL184, I saw his before and after scans and it was huge improvement within months, day and night easily seen and measurable, how long that lasts????? Dr. Kwon is using in trials at Mayo Clinic (Minnesota) and ecstatic about it and had photos on results, too.

I have been dealing with spinal lesions, not ribs, but MRI and cat scans have found issues and now I am scheduled for my 2nd radiation zapping area. First time in Jan. used sterotactic radiation via Varian Trilogy machine, the new gig now is with a Tomo therapy machine, my rad-doc says the results are the same as far as he is concerned. The after scans can show that the radiation cleared up PCa at that site. I am considering going outside the box for trying things, I would like to try Sprycel and Chloroquine which in lab tests on various PCa types had day and night results. Only available off label (cash) method, no insurance covering. FDA approved separately for other reasons, like Chloroquine is for malaria use. I am also playing around with other things just for fun, I got nothing to lose and everything at stake. Yeah I am somewhat a rebel and for good reasons, nobody wanted to suggest using DES, until I met my onco-doc and likely bought me a number of years already, plus I hate being cashed in upon.

I doubt surgery is even done for such by anyone and would likely not solve the issues of micro mets. Nodes can be done via surgery or radiations. The better scanning methods today are: C-11 acetate, Choline, Feraheme (Sand Lakes Dr. Bravo), then maybe MRI's with tesla endorectal coil etc. These are more accurate for assessment findings.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS