Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: lupron

Bob,

I've just checked through your list to see just what the efficacy of your alternatives to Lupron might be. One is actually banned in Europe, several are oestrogen type products with significant side effects, casodex is recommended in conjunction with zoladex rather than instead of it, nilandron is really for use when mets have been confirmed and others are primarily for BPH. Whilst I don't doubt that in some situations all of what you suggest have use, as a general rule, I think the medical profession wisely plays safe with the standard approaches to ADT, ADT2 and ADT3. I shall not ask my consultants to shift me from Zoladex and Casodex at my stage in the game, based on my researches.

But as we always say in PCa the only rule is that there are no rules, so what I have said above needs to be viewed in that light!

Ed in England

LOL- probably banned DES 1mg., well here is my real life experience in doing normal HT vs. the so called illegal DES.

I did ADT3 for 2 years (2002-2004), I have super high risk scenario (guaranteed to lose). Well I got monthly psa tests and had 8 slight rises while on ADT3 (Lupron-casodex-proscar), so it was failing me and I hated the side effects. After reading the Journal of Urology article on DES (lol) I decided I have to try it, also works on hrpca to some degree.

It lowered and stabilized my psa immediately, costs nothing $130 a year, no real side effects, no sweats and hot flashes, builds bone density (but remember it is junk and will kill you, they say!!). Well it worked well for 8 years after failing ADT3 in late 2004. Must be an error, all those psa tests and lesser side effects (-:}

So, yeah I trust the system 100%, all the docs are experts in all phases, as they project to patients. I fired that uro-doc in 2004 and my onco-doc whom wrote this Rx is my hero, the uro was a zero. Same uro-doc switched me from zoladex to Lupron without my asking, I saw the billing it was $700 more per visit for the same thing (lovely person $$$$$ full of the hypocritical oath). I see his interests were all about me (a cash cow).

Hi Bob - please e-mail me on johan@amukalodgeuganda.com as I want to discuss this personally. Much appreciated!

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS