Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Starting Zytiga

Hey Bob,

I've been on Lupron and Zytiga for 5 weeks now.. Biggest side effect I've experienced so far is profuse sweating at night. Blood pressure seems to be all over the place low: 115/74 to 154/104 in same day. Dizzy/faint standing from laying down. Reflux. Increase in moobs, fatigue and loose stools. .

I'd be interested in hearing how you fare.

Best,

Dean

Dean

So far the Zytiga hasn't caused too many bad side effects. I think the worst med I have had is the Bicalutamide, it really dried out my skin terribly, nausea, waking up in sweats etc. Im glad to be off of it really! Aside from nausea the Zytiga has been ok to me. I just hope it lowers my psa. I will find out in a few weeks. Oh I have noticed the blood pressure jumping around, also maybe a little dizziness also. They gave me Ondansetron for nausea, and it seems to work good.My stools weren't affected, however I take morphine for bone pain, and it always constipates very well LOL. You have been on a little longer than me by a couple weeks. Has your appetite been affected, any? I only feel like eating small meals like fruit etc.

Take care, Dean

Bobbie

Hiya Bobby,

I'm with you on the loss of appetite, I eat custard size bowls of dinner and sometimes can't finish those. I'm guessing the anxiety and grief play a part. .I have lost 25 lbs in month and a half...6 lbs in one week. . I have to eat some for the Prednsione twice daily sometimes this kicks in the appetite. Fatigue is a bitch, we all know that. Just got my latest blood test yesterday and consult with my Onc. it's gone from 4.6 to 5.5 in 2 weeks.
My Ocologist has the people skills of a Dr Mengele. He usually sits at his computer with his back to me most of the appt. However, his assistant is a ray of sunshine, supportive and positive. Good cop bad cop. I like seeing her, tolerate him. She says he knows his sh*t so I'll stick with him for now. He says we'll give Zytiga another 2 months and see if I respond. He mentioned Chemo is on the plate If Zytiga is unsuccessful, I'm thinking I will pass on that dish. Damn the torpedoes.

We're looking into Provenge now, seeing if my insurance will cover the expense, and oh what an expense it is. I have been hearing some positive things first and second hand about it. One of the last tools in the box as far as I can see.

Anyway I wish you all the best and pray the Zytiga works for you.

Dean

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS