Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New to this Forum

Hey All,
I'm new to this forum and thought that I would post my Bio and hopefully provide any help or support to any newly diagnosed dudes with similar stats.

DX in May 2011, Age 52, Stage T2c, GG 8-10, PSA=10.6 no symptoms.
CT & BS neg, high risk disease EBR + Brachy Seed Implants + HT
50mg of Bicalutamide first 30 days, 22.5 mg Lupron for 12 months
PSA values:
Nov 2011, undetectable
Feb 2012, undetectable T=1.66
Nov 2012, 0.29 T=4.0
May 2013, 0.32 T=5.11

Re: New to this Forum

I had a hard time reading your short hand, but if I read it correctly, you are post-treatment (radiation), and your PSAs are still low and good.

did I read that right? if so, congrats!

Yes Thanks.....so far so good!

forgot to ask, any side effects from treatment? It's important for us pre-treatment guys to know. Thanks in advance.

Walt

Thank God, most of my SEs have subsided. My biggest challenge was the HT and SEs for that took awhile to wear off. Two years later I'm still below 0 PSA and everything has returned to normal(whatever normal is at our age....lol)

fantastic! happy for you. :)

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS