Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: the role of testosterone in prostate cancer

Walt,

You can believe what you like but please don't encourage the users of this forum to think that if they let their testosterone rip their PCa will go away. That would be dangerous advice.

Young men don't get PCa (usually) because the cell reproduction system goes awry with age. Things go wrong in our bodies as we age and PCa is just one of those things that result. Our testosterone does decrease with age but remains a source of strength to the cancer.

If I were not on treatment suppressing my testosterone (successfully) and hence my DHT also, after nearly six years with a Gleason 9 PSA 62 at the outset, I'd be six feet under.

I can certainly live with the insignificant testosterone in my body. Perhaps a young man could not but, knocking 70, I'm very glad to be beating the PCa odds .

Ed

Re: the role of testosterone in prostate cancer

that's not what I said, but that's ok. :)

for advanced, metastasized PCa, of course, the blocking therapy is appropriate.

I did suggest folks do their own reading and draw their own conclusions. :)

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS