Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Treatment of metastatic abdominal lymphnodes

I recently was in Phoenix to have a C11-Acetate PET-CT scan for my PSA only recurrence of my prostate cancer. (Diagnosed at 43 years old in 8/03, Gleason 4+3, PSA 13, Surgery 9/04, salvage pelvic IMRT in '04 for recurrence with significant neurological radiation damage leading to severe incontinence). Imaging found 5 right side para aortic abdominal lymph nodes positive for disease. Question now is how to treat. IMRT- better ability to get full coverage on bilateral nodes for micro-metastasis that is not seen but high incidence of small intestine scarring. STBR - good nodal control; but less coverage for unseen mets. Less healthy tissue complications. Surgery-big procedure not commonly done so finding experienced surgeon that is insurance covered is a problem. Greatest chance of missing diseased tissue. Any suggestions of experience with abdominal node disease?

Re: Treatment of metastatic abdominal lymphnodes

I believe that Dr. Charles Myers has a protocol for this

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS