Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How did Doug F. with BCR rising psa, Gleason 9, obtain a psa of .007

Little update on this protocol:
We have results in from two other men trying this, they had much higher starting psa levels and were failing on HT therapies to some degree(s):
Psa went from 19 to 14 in one man (longer term fighter in PCa too)
Psa went from 15 to 11 (approx.) in another man, out of state from us folks

One man had to drop out of the concept because of 3rd minor heart attack happening, but he is ok right now.

Another man we will be waiting to hear from on his case.
My case it did not work at all, but worth a try, my psa increased as it has been for the last 4 months or so, no matter what drugs I am using.

We have another man overseas now, via yananow email hookup with Doug, is now trying this protocol and we will await his results.

The man with a psa of 19 lowered to 14 is also trying upping the doseage of Dexamethasone to 3-5 mg. level to see if it effects DHT or PCa even more so, and will have that psa information Tuesday night or Wed. April 10th and will be interested to know if that has a real effect as to doseage level.

Just the fact that it worked in some others with rising psa's is good to see and in Dougs case huge results: psa 2.33 to .007 (ultrasensitive test)

We may be onto a possible protocol for use in others, Doug believes that perhaps the psa level needs to be under 10 or under 5 in order to get this dramatic type results he got. He is a Gleason 9 and failed RP, failed SRT, failed some HT drugs (early psa checks) and many years of HT manipulations to keep psa usually under 2.0 (fyi).

Update on Doug's protocol phase II and psa at .004 (w/o lupron added)

Just want to update this ongoing experiment that Doug is doing. He now has even a lower psa than last time and without using Lupron to lower his T level, as in the first protocol it was: Lupron+Dexamethasone 1 mg+ Estradiol patch .1 mg (psa went down to .007 then)

New protocol is: Dexamethasone 1 mg+ Estradiol patches (.1 mg patches but using 4 of them= .4 mg delivery) (T level was <5 as measured too) and his new psa is .004 (ultrasensitive tested)

There is a point to this protocol, that Dexamethasone has a pathway to effect DHT to ultra low levels, combined with low T level achieved either by LHRH or in this new protocol Estradiol patches (w/o Lupron). Doug says no side effects at all, and results you can see. This is worth a try, we have 5-6 guys whom are testing it, it shows results in some already but not the as dramatic, but these patients are with higher psa starting levels and probably more hrpca cells in their system.

Re: Update on Doug's protocol phase II and psa at .004 (w/o lupron added)

Here is some initial results in 5 men whom tried this, including myself and it did not work in my case, but that did not surprise me with my scenario, stats, and being 11 yrs. into PCa with high risk stats from 2002.

Still a lot of questions about this protocol but evidence exists that something is here to be studied and noted:

THERE ARE 5 PCa PATIENTS THAT HAVE TRIED DEXAMETHASONE+(with Lupron & Estradiol patch)

1. PSA BELOW 2 ng/ml………… WENT DOWN TO 0.004 UNDETECTABLE *
2. PSA BELOW 8 ng/ml………… WENT DOWN TO 3.2-- “NOW 1,7”---ATLANTA GA.
3. PSA BELOW 17 ng/ml…………WENT DOWN TO 14.6 THEN UP TO 19 *
4. PSA BELOW 19 ng/ml…………WENT DOWN TO 14.4-- NOW 8.1 ---ENGLAND ***
PSA BELOW 25 ng/ml…………WENT UP TO THE MID 30’s

*(Doug's prior psa with Lupron+Dexa.+estradiol was .007.....next time was with No Lupron but with Dexamethasone 1 mg+ Estradiol patches (4) .1mg each=.4 mg)

Note: does not seem to work with Prednisone substituted even if equaled dosage value at 7 mg of Pred., tested that theory and psa went up during that experiement that Doug proved on himself.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS