Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Kaiser vs Medicare for prostate surgical treatment

Aloha Art,
Sorry to hear you are in this position. I've been with KP for about 15 years in Hawaii. I've had my problems with KP. In the long run I could not have gotten better care. I am presently 71, PCa detected April 07. In my opinion, KP has a very large base of experience. In your position, I'ed decide what treatment I wanted, then start talking to the uro doc who would do the treatment. If not satisfied, I'ed ask to see another doc, and continue until I found the doc for me.
I would hope that, with favorable initial conditions, you would consider watchful waiting.
My initial conditions were bad, so not much choice for me.
To answer your question about KP, I would stay with KP. However since your in California, you should talk to as many doc's & patients as needed to help you decide which path to take.
Hang in there,
Joe

Re: Kaiser vs Medicare for prostate surgical treatment

Art, sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I too was diagnosed with PC 6 months ago at age 62. I am also with KP in So CA and I could not have been happier with my Dr., advise, treatment and follow-up. I elected robotic surgery and have progressed well since the surgery. KP had given me about 5 to 6 different options and I seriously considered 3. After talking to DR on the three options I elected the robotic surgery and have been pleased with the outcome. I also considered watchful waiting and I am glad I choose to move quickly. Hope this helps.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS