Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Has anyone stopped Lupron

Jo,

You refer to "....a rapidly rising PSA....." but that is a little vague. I am pretty certain, from your previous posts that you are not talking about microscopic changes in ultra-sensitive tests which are sometimes referred to in these terms - for example from 0.012 to 0.013 to 0.015 etc But I'm guessing in your case there is a different set of figures.

You also say that these PSA result "....is evidence that it (Lupron)) is not working...." That indeed is the commonly held view, but a recent video by Dr Chrles "Snuffy" Myers suggests that may not always be the case. I have tried to interpret the technicalities of his video in my latest E-Letter#14and you might find that of interest - there is also a link to the video in the E-Letter.

Having said all that I decided to withdraw all treatment late last year - I was on Zoladex and Casodex - because my PSA started to rise and also because I reverted to my original distrust of the value of PSA tests for measuring dangerous advances of the disease - or should I say for the variant I have been diagnosed with. By chance that was before I saw the Myers' video. You can read my reasoning (such as it is) at TERRY HERBERT .

Although I wanted to go a full year with no medication to see if there would be any correlation between a signifcant change in PSA and evidence of progression of the disease, my oncologist was a little nervous of that, so we compromised and we'll check it out in June. Stand by for that report in due course!

Hope this helps some - it is a complex business.
Terry in Australia

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS