Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Two ADT (Androgen Deprivation Therapy) Related Studies

Mark and I recently received an e-mail regarding the two studies detailed below. Although we are reluctant to post requests for volunteers for studies, we felt, after corresponding with the author that these might have value.

In terms of the relevant protocols I can do not more than post the invitations as they stand. Please read them carefully - at first glance they seem similar but they are signifcantly different.

STUDY ONE

Hormone Therapy Study for Prostate Cancer Patients

Have you had treatment for localized prostate cancer? Did you receive hormone therapy(also known as androgen deprivation therapy) following a rising PSA? If so, you may be eligible to join a National Cancer Institute funded study to learn more about changes to daily life functioning following hormone therapy treatment. This study involves a brief screening to determine eligibility, and then an interview and an assessment of how you are doing now. The appointment will last approximately 2 to 2.5 hours. You will be compensated for your time. For more information please contact Dr. Lisa Wu at 212-824-7805 or lisa.wu@mssm.edu.

This study is funded by the National Cancer Institute and has been approved by the Mount Sinai

Institutional Review Board (GCO#11-0513 approved through 9/22/13).

STUDY TWO

Prostate Cancer Hormone Therapy Study

Have you received hormone therapy treatment for prostate cancer? If so, you may be eligible to join an American Cancer Society funded study to test a program designed to help people with changes to memory, thinking and concentration following hormone therapy for treatment of prostate cancer.

This study is done completely over the phone and internet and involves a brief screening to determine eligibility, 3 assessments/interviews, and 8 weeks of home-based computer use.

For more information, please contact Lisa Wu at (212) 824-7805 or lisa.wu@mssm.edu.

This study is approved by the Mount Sinai Institutional Review Board (GCO# 10-1352 approved through 04/06/2013)

Re: Two ADT (Androgen Deprivation Therapy) Related Studies

I am in hospital at the moment and wish to add my response to these 2 studies but only have a mobile phone for contact. Barry

Re: Two ADT (Androgen Deprivation Therapy) Related Studies

Sorry to hear you are in hospital Barry.

There is nothing I can do concerning your response. can I suggest you contact Dr Wu by e-mail at the address shown - lisa.wu@mssm.edu Perhaps you could suggest that she calls you? If you do that be sure to emphasise the time difference else you may get a call at 3.00 am

All the best

Terry

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS