Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: first steps

Sorry I made intital post with question about my next step. Apparently this is wrong forum for information I need.

Sorry you didn't get a response Bob. Don't know what happened to my post, which I remember writing - but maybe I forgot to post it after I wrote it?? That's what happens when you hit 71 I guess.

Anyhow, this is what I said:

If you go to the RESOURCES page at INFORMATION SITES and page down, you'll find a link to HOW TO PICK A GOOD SURGEON and the names and addresses of two men who maintain a details of doctors who are highly regarded. You can mail them and ask for help.

A second, more laborious way to look for this information is to go to SURVIVORS STORIES and set the Residential choice to Florida. This will give you a list of all the contributors living in Florida and you can read their stories to get some idea of the doctors they have used and praised, mailing them for more information if necessary.

Sorry I can't do more than that, but as I live in Australia, I am sure you'll appreciate I canot mantain details of doctors in all the States of the USA.

Hope you find someone helpful

Terry in Australia

Thank you Terry. That really helps. I will begin the research. By the way, love those Aussies. Served in Viet Nam with several Aussie troops, tough bunch, they stood behind us. For recreation on Sundays, the Aussies would go to China Beach, drink Fosters and saw several fights among themselves. Funny.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS