Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
YANA November/December 2012 E-Letter

I'vejust mailed out this month's E-Letter. Well, a combined November/December E-Letter as my time was somewhat consumed in November finishing of the new CHOOSING A TREATMENT and RESOURCES pages.

For those of you who haven't subscribed to the E-Letter, you can access it on the site at E-LETTER 13 . The subjects covered are:

What to do - a medical view
Does Marketing Hype drive treatment choice?
End of life concerns
Yana update: two more pages done - one man in hospice
No support on the internet?

Re: YANA November/December 2012 E-Letter

This is my response to the comments made by the doctor on: Limitations of online prostate cancer support groups

Terry Herbert, the driving force behind the internet site, YANA (You Are Not Alone) has eloquently described how the site provides comfort and guidance for men from all over the world, who, when first diagnosed, confused and frightened, log on to the site. As an example of how Terry empathizes with such men, recently a gentleman from Portugal described how he was just diagnosed. His English was not perfect, so Terry helped the gentleman embark on the long and often bewildering journey, with a lengthy response, first in English and then, courtesy of an internet translator, in Portuguese. I'm sure the gentleman no longer feels alone.

Re: YANA November/December 2012 E-Letter

Great response to an empathic reply by Terry!

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS