Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Prostate infections and rising PSA

Gregory,

The simple answer to your question is YES.

The PSA test does not show that there is cancer present, although cancer may be a contributor to an elevated PSA. The test shows that there is something worng with prostate or bladder (or maybe somewhere else!) which is causing PSA to leak into the bloodstream. the damage done in your multiple previous biopsy procedures could well have rsulted in such a leak or, as you say, recurrent infections.

It seems from what you say that it is far more likely that it is NOT advancing PCa that is causing the flctuating PSA results. But why don't you speak to one of the pathologists at your lab who deals with PSA? In my experience those people are often very approachable.

All the best

Terry in Australia

Terry,

Thanks for the quick reply. Your suggestion that I speak to one of the pathologists at the lab is not feasible since the local labs are just collection places. They send everything to some central location where the samples are analyzed. Right after I posted my entry I heard from the local hospital which called me in for an immediate MRI with a rectal coil. OUCH! I'll update my story on the YANA site as soon as I get through the next few weeks.

If it were not for you and the YANA site I would not have had the strength to follow active surveillance and avoid three years of side effects. I am grateful to you and wish you many more years of the good life.
Sincerely,
Gregory

hello, i went into hospital xmas week 2012, they pumped me full of an iv antibiotic as i had a multi resistant organism in my urine, then they did a biopsy of my prostate, other than the blood clot they gave me in the iv arm i did well, other than i was off work for 6 weeks..which drove me insane
the big fear was me going septic without the iv therapy

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS