Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pads

Here I sit with my catheter bothering me, thinking how nice its going to be to get it removed. Then I think about the uncontrolled leaking and wearing pads. I was just wondering what folks here have to say about pads. Which are prefered and why?? What should a newbee be looking for in a pad? Are full briefs better?

Re: Pads

Lets hope that pads will be a non issue. I stocked up on diapers and pads and happy to say I tossed 90% of them in the trash. I wore diapers at night for less then a week to build up confidence and within 2 weeks I dropped the pads. One note of caution, don't physically exert yourself to soon. I rode a bike 6 weeks after surgery and suffered with pain and some leakage for a week afterwards. Now all is fine and I would say my urinary function is 95% of what it was prior to surgery. Good luck.

Re: Pads

A lot depends upon the skill of the surgeon I believe. I also bought some diapers but never needed any. There will likely be the occasional accident ( twice for me ) at night however for the first few months so it's best to have a protective pad on the mattress like they have in nursing homes.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS