Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: lupron failed in ogan confined prostate cancer

John it is difficult to undertand what you and your urologist are doing and why?

From what you say it seems you were diagnosed in 2002 because of a PSA of 7.0 ng/ml and on biopsy your Gleason Score was 6. Since you were a candidate for AS (Active Surveillance)that was the path you took.

Presumably something has happened in the ten years since then - taking a guess it is probably an increase in your PSA (which might be related to an enlarged prostate gland). Because of this you have decided to have some form of radiation treatment, but your urologist (not the radiologist?) wants to reduce the size of your prostate gland and is using Lupron for this.

If this scenario is correct, what has your testosterone level got to do with anything?

If you can give a bit more information we might be able to point you in the right direction for further information.

Re: lupron failed in ogan confined prostate cancer

im on firmagon now lupron didnt work had a biopsy 18 months ago uro sent specimen away to double chech said it got agressive but prostate was too big for radiation any suggestions only had first month injection in july wl go back in aug. any suggetionns would help my psa was .1 6 mos ago but is rising again up to 4 i think im on vacation and cant check gleason score is 6 but that was only on biopsy 18 mos ago i think you are doing a great service to all of prostate cancer survivors bless your heart thanks again pls let me know what you think i should do see an oncologist or continue on what im doing sincerly john q...

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS