Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Treatment with estrogen patch, finisteride and Casodex

Jo,

As I suggested on another post, go along to SURVIVOR STORIES and put estrogen patch into the site search engine and you'll get a number of responses showing men who have used these, or are thinking of using them.

The first entry will be BOB PARSONS a man who has a deal of experience with these unconventional therapies. He may pop by here and contact you, but if not, mail him directly with any questions. Just tell him (from me) to keep any replies simple:-) He tends to get a bit technical for some folk sometimes.

I think that there should be greater use of these protocols, but it is difficult to find a doctor who will agree.

Good luck,

Terry in Australia

Trying not to hi-jack this thread, but Terry, I am convinced that a LOT of men outside the USA are using estradial patches/gel because of the insane price of Lupron.

It is part of our system in the USA and docs are unwilling to go the eatradial route because there is no profit in it.

Please forgive - Just venting a but

Don

You know this is a great idea and men doing this or similar with Lupron + estrogenic drug (estradiol or others: DES, estradiol gels, emcyt) are having similar benefits. Estrogen drugs will stop the hot flashes and other nasty side effects you likely get with casodex or LHRH drugs. Plus estrogenics help with bone density (instead of ruining it) and keeps your memory better intact.

If finisteride works like proscar or avodart, there are controversies on it sometimes making some PCa's become more agressive or difficult to deal with at some point (say such arguments). The Journals published something along that line about 10 yrs. ago. I did ADT3 for 2 yrs. starting back in 2002 and had eventually slight increases 8 months in a row and then switched to DES 1-mg and got better results, more stablization, almost zero side effects and cost comparison (ADT 3= maybe $13,000 a year) vs. (DES- has no patents= $130 a year). Of course nobody making money off me at $130 year, this did not include coumadin/warfarin that I also decided was a good safety addition. Interesting that $130 protocol outperformed the $13,000 more typical protocol, makes one wonder about plenty. Also, have 8 yrs. of useage on this, sometimes intermittent or off periods used over the years. Dr. Fred Lee used emcyt drug for many years in his incureable PCa case, must be worthy he is around 32 yrs. as a survivor and like 83+ yrs. old now, still works one day a week. Yet, how many patients are offered or given emcyt (estramustine), especially early on in there failed treatment scenario????

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS