Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
hormone blockage

just stsrted on firmagon psa 2.4 gleason 6 doc said lupron was not working i mised one month recently can i trust the doctor any info on firmagon?? thanks john q

Re: hormone blockage

With a Gleason 9 and a PSA of 800 (800), age 77, I was put on Firmagon. It took about 16 months to get it down to below five, (how far below, I can't recall) at which point I was given a 'vacation'. After about a six-month vacation the PSA went up to 32 so I'm back on the Firmagon. The initial flu-like reaction, the hardness and pain at the injection sites and the hot flashes are a problem. True, there's no initial flareup.
If you go to csn.cancer.org there's a thread on that page with many users of Firmagon, although there is no activity now. I just posted a question there asking if anyone had the same experience where, upon going back to the protocol, one has to start with a double shot. I can't think of the link at this great site which will direct you to guys who have used Firmagon/Degarelix.

Jack

thanks for your information wl get back to you john q

John Q,

If you go along to SURVIVOR STORIES and enter Firmagon or Degarelix into the site earch engine you'll see that a number of Yana men (including Jack) have used Firmagon. You can read their stories and mail them with any questions.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS