Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Timing of Cancer Reoccurence after Surgery

I didn't realize that renegade/escaped prostate cancer cells may hide in bone niches. I'm not really sure what a bone niche is. I just thought that the prostate flushed out microscopic cancer cells that floated around in the bloodstream looking to cause trouble and sometimes were successful. Very tricky disease whatever the case. Thanks FRank. Good input.

G'day bobbyboy,

Further to your surgeon's comment about testosterone therapy, you will be interested in an article by Robert Coward and Culley Carson. Google the title "Testosterone replacement therapy after prostate cancer" and it will come up as the first search result.

The gist of the article is that testosterone therapy after prostate cancer treatment may be safer than previously thought.

All the best from Brian in Australia.

Thanks Brian. I'll read that article. Yes, my Urologist had a look of horror on his face when I asked about it.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS