Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Triple Hormone Blockade

Don,

There are three men on the site who have mentioned Dr Bob and who may be able to put you on to more information or to men who have been his patients:

Steve Taylor

Charlie Redd

Rob Parsons

All the best
Terry in Australia

As always Terry thanks for your help. I will review their stories and follow-up as indicated.

I did 2 yrs. of ADT3 as neo-adj. drug therapy prior to specialized radiation (primary therapy), kind of like endorsed by Bolla Studies back in my 2002 diagnosis era. After 2 years on this it was getting old in dealing with the side effects and quality of life, and I had montly psa testings and had 8 very small rises consecutitively and saw if failing, so switched to DES and been using that over an 8 yr. period with successes and about no side effects and it assists bone density and memory (extra bonus).

I have a friend whom did ADT3 as his primary treatment in 1995-6 era and he has had 3 rebiopsies over the years, recently by color doppler ultrasound guided biopsies Dr. Lee did not find any PCa even in suspecious areas. He is not considered cured, but has done very well using the Leibowitz protocol (13 months on ADT3, then use only proscar for maintenance). Plus he can still do major treatments if and when he decides it necessary. This is a nice story, his psa originally was 11.0 and had 2 cores found positive, low gleason scores. His results are very noteworthy.

Note there is a new estradiol gel coming out that is custom compounded to the patients doseage level needed, this could likely in the future make patches obsolete because of there many issues in useage. This could be another therapy to consider either now or later.

Hi Bob,

I don't know if the following post covers old ground, but I see that Dr. Leibowitz has gone beyond the basic ADT3 protocol. I read about it at Compassionateoncology.com/publications. Scrolling down to "Dr. Bob's (not so) secret recipe for treating advanced or recurrent prostate cancer" one can read he now has a 3-pronged approach. I didn't read the paper carefully enough at this point to learn when he uses it, but it includes the basic ADT3 protocol, chemotherapy and an antiangiogenic cocktail, all of which he outlines in detail in the paper, published in 11/2008.

Jack from Jersey (the new one, not the old one)

Yes Jack I was aware of his website and the multiple protocols he describes. I am searching for survivors who have personal experience/knowledge of Dr Bob and his group. Thanks for touching base old or new it makes no nevermind.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS