Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Recent diagnosis

Thanx for the reply Joe Mac. My Dr. advises starting treatment asap. I'm still trying to get a grasp on the termonology. Have an appt. tomorrow with a Rad. Oncologist. I'm sure he will want to get started. I have another apointment on Thursday with another Rad. Oncologist. I guess I could continue the appointments ad infinitum and they will all tell me the sme thing. Problem is not able to determine how long I can delay the inevitable.

Aloha Tom,
A sign of aggressive PCa is when you can measure your PSA doubling time. Even if your doubling time is a year, then you can decide at that time if you want to treat. You should read about PSA on this web site. To determine if your PSA trends up and you will need to get this test say every month for the next 6 months, then you can decide what to do.
Keep talking to oncologists, different oncologists. Find one that you like, they should be honest & patient with you. A person that you can trust. Not a doc that is trying to get you to do what they want at their clinic.
Read, read, read, talk to other men on this site.
Joe

Again, Thanks for your advice and encouragement. I'm seeing the Oncologist this Am and hope to get a better handle on where I am. I have copies of the recent pathology but don't quite know how to interpret it. Maybe this guy can shed a little light for me. My Urologist is very knowledgeable but is like talking with a computer geek. It's difficult for him to discuss the problem on my level.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS