Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: salvestrols

The Wikipedia entry for Salvestrol says in part:

Salvestrols are a purported anticancer molecules present tangerine peel and other foods. No reputable studies support the asserted benefits and the vast majority of links on the web track back to the people selling the stuff.

The web adress given by Kevin - coyneconsult.com was registered in January 2012 but has nothing in it. It appears from the name that Kevin will be providing "consulting" services and may possibly be invovled in the import and sale of Salvestrols in South Africa.

You may draw your own conclusions from these points of interest.

All the best
Terry in Australia

Dear Terry,

Thank you so much for your response. I appreciate that fact that you are perhaps dismissing Salvestrols as something that could potentially assist someone based on your limited understanding of everything that stands behind the Salvestrols and the true intent.

I very clearly stated my position and that I was distributing salvestrols in South Africa. Your detective work is humorous to me in that I clearly said what I was doing and the conclusion your draw from my email address is rather flawed. Let me help you. Yes I do have a consulting business which is my own and this business was created in 2011. I consult to corporate companies and businesses involved in FMCG and Healthcare. Some of my clients involve multinational pharmaceutical companies as well as a local one listed on the stock exchange. You are welcome to contact me directly and we can vairfy who I am , what I do if you like.

As I said, we came across Salvestrols in an attempt to assist my mother who was dying of ovarian cancer. She has responded exceptionally well and is alive. You are welcome to contact her directly as well as her oncologist in South Africa if you would like to verify her health some 2 years ago versus now. So yes I would love to have others experience this. Its been life changing for my family as im sure you can imagine.

As for the credibility of Salvestrols. Prof Gerry Potter is responsible for “Zytiga” http://www.zytiga.com/ which is now marketed and sold by Janssen Biotech.

So by your logic, we can trust him to produce a pharmaceutical drug that’s gone through clinical drugs and is now sold for I believe some $4000. But when he produces a natural product that’s freely available and sold for I believe $100, its rubbish and questionable.

I shared my feedback with ultimate sincerity and that hope that someone could receive benefit from it. That is my vested interest. Seeing someone healthy. Devious I know?

I would suggest that if you want more information on Salvestrols so that you can make an informed decision you contact them directly. Who knows it may work for you or a loved one. When you understand the people behind Salvestrols I believe you will appreciate just how special they are. Perhaps one day they will create a pharmaceutical version in 20 years (length of time it takes to bring something to market through clinicals) and then people can buy it as a wonder drug for $100 000 a pop. I believe in 20 years though the world will be a different place and so will our state of health as the general public. Or at least our understanding of what health is…

Best regards
Kevin

Kevin,

You say in your latest post

I shared my feedback with ultimate sincerity and that hope that someone could receive benefit from it. That is my vested interest. Seeing someone healthy.
and
I very clearly stated my position and that I was distributing salvestrols in South Africa.

But you did not. What you said was

We originally imported salvestrols into South Africa to assist my mom……….We have now made it our responsibility to make this product available to South Africans in hope that they can receive similar results and benefit.

I suppose that COULD be understood as

“We are now direct importers and distributors of salvestrols in South Africa”

which would be stating your position quite clearly. But then if you had said that it would have been difficult to also say that your ONLY interest is to “see someone healthy”.

I do not normally allow ‘commercial’ postings, so had you stated your position clearly – that you are selling the product, I would simply have deleted your post. I was tempted to do so after visiting your empty website – which certainly does not mention either the distributorship or any information on your relationship with multinational pharmaceutical companies. But I thought I’d give you the benefit of the doubt and let the post stand.

I am also responding to other issues in your later post because it seems clear to me that you do not understand how I deal with “non-commercial” posts concerning alternative therapies. By that I mean posts, like the one that started this thread, where a person is using or plans to use some such therapy. I never dismiss this out of hand, but I do suggest that they look carefully at what they are being told and obtain answers to these three questions (see my February E-Letter - Will This Work?

1. Is there any independent evidence to support the claims being made?

2. Will the person providing the information benefit directly or indirectly from what they are claiming?

3. How long is it since the evidence supporting the claim was collected or completed?

It is not for me to dismiss or accept claims made but I am entitled to draw my own conclusions based on the past sixteen years of learning about and dealing with prostate cancer and I think that I may be doing a service to others who are trying to form their own conclusions.

Of course I did my own version of ‘due diligence’ on Salvestrols some years ago when I first heard about it and drew my personal conclusions which may or may not be correct. Using my three question template above I believe:

1. There is no independent evidence to support claims made for Salvestrols
2. That the persons, including yourself, providing the information will benefit from the claims made. In an earlier post I referred anyone interested to a piece entitled Trademarked Science Trade-Offs which has some interesting information in this regard concerning the owners of the Trademark. The discussion that follows the article is also worth reading, I believe.
3. The only detailed claims I saw were based on data prepared in 2006 or earlier. That is a good deal of time for a secret but effective treatment to remain unheard of in this day and age. Certainly other alternative and apparently effective compounds like PC-Spes gained a market share in a very much shorter time – and that was some years back before the Internet really took off.

You say So by your logic, we can trust him [Dr Gerry Potter ] to produce a pharmaceutical drug that’s gone through clinical drugs and is now sold for I believe some $4000. But when he produces a natural product that’s freely available and sold for I believe $100, its rubbish and questionable.

Of course I never said what you have implied, but anyone with any element of intelligence and logic would know that merely because a man was involved in producing a pharmaceutical this would not automatically preclude him from using his reputation to make money for himself by skipping the tedious process of actually PROVING that anything worked. I am not suggesting that Dr Potter is being dishonest in any way – I am merely pointing out an inherent flaw in what you have to say. There are many instances in this modern world of doctors with good reputations selling trademarked goods or therapies for which they make claims that are not independently substantiated.

As ever, I leave it to anyone reading this exchange and this thread to draw what conclusions they will. It is tremendous news to hear that your mother is doing so well, but then again many women who have had two sessions of chemotherapy for cancer survive for many years without the benefit of Salvestrols. Maybe she was helped in some way, maybe it was the conventional therapy.

All the best with your sales – but please be honest in future and declare your financial interests

Hi Tessa,

I started this thread to see if anyone here has had any results with Salvestrols. Unfortunately I have yet to hear from anyone here that Salvestrols alone have had a positive effect. I have read about the anonymous case studies but was hoping to hear results from people here. I have also inquired about Salvestrols on other forums but still cannot find anyone who has had any success solely through the use of Salvestrols. Often there PSA is reduced with Salvestrols in conjunction with other therapies, mainly ADT.

Pat

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS